Certification Exams are held at Prometric Testing Centers.
Management Institute Project Management Professional PMP Exam
Hereís what to expect:
- Plan to arrive at the testing center 30 mins or so
- Parking is typically not an issue and is free, first
come first serve.
- Approach the front desk and provide the representative
with your driverís license or some from of verifiable ID, i.e. passport.
- You will be assigned a locker. In the locker you will
be required to leave all personal belonging you have brought with you.
This includes car keys, cell phone, watch, wallet, cash or change. Your
pockets will have to be empty upon entering the testing environment and be
required to empty your pockets by the representative upon entering the
testing class area.
- If youíve brought any food, you will have to keep it in
- Once you enter the testing area, you will be provided
with 2 pencils, 1 standard operational calculator and approximately 4
sheets of unused standard (8.5X11 inch) writing paper.
- You will be asked to empty your front and back pockets
and turn around so the Prometric representative can confirm you are not
carrying anything aside from your brain to aid you.
- You will be assigned a testing location which will be a
computer station which you will maintain assignment of for the duration of
- This test does not allot you testing breaks! What that
means is if and when you do take a break and leave your station, the timer
clock at the top counting down from 4 hours will continue to run. DONíT
WORRY. You should still have plenty of time to finish all the questions
and still take breaks, if youíve taken our pmp prep course at www.MyPMPprep.com
During the exam
- The exam will be video recorded at all times.
- There will be headset available for you to use at your
station as well as earplugs.
- Your name will appear as well as the exam you are
taking at the top of the screen
- A brief tutorial will begin providing you with
instructions on how to select answers to the multiple choice questions or
select Mark, to revisit a question later.
- Tip: Keep your hands free during the exam. Perhaps lay
them on the table. Uncrossing your legs and keeping your hands free will
help maintain good blood flow throughout your body and to your brain,
trust us J
- Dont leave any question unanswered. Even if you donít
know, guess answer and mark the question
- Again, donít worry about time. Take your time, breath
and re-read questions without looking at the answers.
- Once youíve completed the final question and have
selected an answer for all your Marked questions, click submit to process
all your answers. The computer will deliver your score in about 20
After the Exam
- Once the exam is complete, you will be prompted with an
opportunity to complete a survey. Its entirely up to you to skip the
survey or continue but the survey should only take 2 Ė 3 minutes.
- Either after youíve completed the survey or skipped it
you will be presented with a blank white screen after your result will be
- The computer screen will then display either a "Congratulations
... on attaining your PMP credential or ďUnfortunately, ÖÖ. ď.
- A result of your actual performance on each project management
process group will be available for you to pick up back at the testing
- You will be required to sign your score report and then